About Me

My photo
"I believe that there are semblances between seemingly disparate ideas, . . . if we can stand back and see a larger picture." Terry Tempest Williams

Mar 15, 2009

The Future of YouTube



I remember the first time I heard YouTube touted and vividly recall my initial reaction: "This is a venture sure to disappear within two months. Who wants to watch poorly filmed videos of strangers when you can barely stand to sit through your own family's recorded antics?!"

As is ever the case, you can bet to win based on my predictions. Should I claim aloud an internet idea is ridiculous and useless, you can bet it will be a viral success. My vision, it appears, is far too limited to see the real use of virtual tools.

Now, thanks to a BRILLIANT Israeli artist who goes by Kutiman, I understand the use of millions of low-budget (or should I say no-budget) "look at what I can do" videos waiting to be mined on YouTube. We must all now go to gather, cut, paste, cut, paste, cut, and paste until melodious music is made from disparate pieces waiting to find communal partners.

You simply MUST see and hear all of Kutiman's work. Do not wait to "pass / go"; rush to his website (http://thru-you.com), sit back, turn your speakers up to "11", and get ready to stare in awe at the skill and wonder of an artist who magically transforms dregs to wine.

All hail the new Messiah of Mashup Music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive