About Me

My photo
"I believe that there are semblances between seemingly disparate ideas, . . . if we can stand back and see a larger picture." Terry Tempest Williams

Oct 19, 2008

Oh Yes We Can Can Obama Can Can Yes Oh


Many months ago, when Obama and Clinton were locked in a tense primary battle, I made a quiet promise to myself that if Obama cinched the support of his party I would DO something to promote his campaign -- walk door to door, make calls, place a placard in my yard. Well, Obama successfully out-maneuvered Hillary, locked the party nomination, and I. . . sat on my butt crafting puerile excuses for my inaction. Until, that is, Patricia (god bless her) cajoled me into joining her at Obama headquarters in Palo Alto. Entering the hastily decorated office (see above), I unconsciously hoped to experience the ineluctable emotional influence of a magnetic wave of musical proportions (see below), but was met instead with quiet, professional focus. We'll excuse the volunteer organizers for allowing me to work the phones following the briefest of training sessions -- assumptions of competency based on association (he's with Patricia who is clearly competent, so. . .) are rarely accurate -- and offer our appreciation for revealing but a few details of the ever marching machinations carried out behind the curtain of the seemingly all powerful wizard.


1 comment:

  1. fortunately, you can still volunteer at the silicon valley for obama office any day, 9 am - 9 pm, through the election.

    xx patricia

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive