About Me

My photo
"I believe that there are semblances between seemingly disparate ideas, . . . if we can stand back and see a larger picture." Terry Tempest Williams

Jul 23, 2008

View From a Bridge


Exit my first play of the visit, Arthur Miller's "A View From The Bridge," and already I'm thrown for a loop.

A classic Greek tragedy (chorus performed by a lawyer) written in 1955, the production is so stunning I'm forced to admit I've wasted my life on the trivial, forgetting day by day the power of theater to evoke a yearning to create, transform, transfigure.

The tragic hero of this play dies in the end (rules dictate this to be so) but we in the audience must go on living with our mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Montalvo,
    Did you know I'm absolutely green with envy? I suppose I was hoping that you'd say the play was mediocre, at which point I could have been content in my own hum drum life.
    love,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive