About Me

My photo
"I believe that there are semblances between seemingly disparate ideas, . . . if we can stand back and see a larger picture." Terry Tempest Williams

Jul 27, 2008

Iago's Emilia


And then in walks Vilma Silva -- beautiful, talented actress we've seen perform as Emilia in "Othello" and Beatrice in "View fom the Bridge."

She shares her understanding of her characters' motivations and with two words ("taken out" meaning "copied" in Elizabethan English) transforms the development of "Othello" for me.

She is generous with her time following a thirteen hour day of performances (morning tech rehearsal for Bridge, afternoon performance of Midsummer, evening performance of Othello).

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't say anything about Othello,
    break my heart,
    THAT would be worth seeing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive