About Me

My photo
"I believe that there are semblances between seemingly disparate ideas, . . . if we can stand back and see a larger picture." Terry Tempest Williams

Jul 26, 2008

A Dream of a Dream


A Midsummer Night's Dream like this I am certain you've never seen. With goth fairies dressed in black fishnet and colored tutus, and hippie players driving on stage with their life-size VW bus, this production of a strange dream is, as Bottom is keen to repeat, "a sight your ears have never heard, a sound your eyes have yet to see."

Walking back out into Ashland's soothing afternoon sun is jarring, the rhythmic techno beats and sparkling disco ball of the performance still washing over my frayed . . .

1 comment:

  1. Here's where the envy stops. If I ever have to watch another version of Midsummers... ever... I think I'll die. I don't care if the actors are naked and the music is stellar, let's face it, this play should be put to rest, and quickly too.

    Loved seeing the pictures of Michael and his wife. Wish the recording had come through better. Love to your family.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive