About Me

My photo
"I believe that there are semblances between seemingly disparate ideas, . . . if we can stand back and see a larger picture." Terry Tempest Williams

Jul 28, 2008

Comedy of Comedy


Comedy of Errors is a rowdy romp here in Ashland, set to the wild west genre with superb verve. There are baudy songs to be sung (the nunnery has become a house of ill repute), antic mad-cap chases set to the rambling notes of the on-stage pianist, and a Chinese merchant renamed LiWei (that's "Levi").

All in all an enchanting laugh-filled evening of music and poetry, spectacle and spirit, enjoyed by a sold out audience.

Had I a twin (as many in this play) I'd send him back to CA and remain here for good

1 comment:

  1. You see, Montalvo, that's probably why I can't go. Because I feel instinctively that I'd want to stay.
    I understand your inclination to send home a twin.
    But is it too late to re-create the substance of your life?
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive