About Me

My photo
"I believe that there are semblances between seemingly disparate ideas, . . . if we can stand back and see a larger picture." Terry Tempest Williams

Jul 22, 2008

Breakdown


Exiting the Coast Starlight in Klamath Falls, I board a bus shuttle headed for Medford where Michael is scheduled to pick me up.

Forty-five minutes into the journey on Hwy 140 the bus begins to fill with smoke. Pulling to the side of the road we learn that a belt has broken and the next coach will arrive in 45 minutes.

The young man standing beside the bus in the picture below tells me he was released from prison today and is on his way to his parole officer in Medford.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the week link in train travel. The buses! The blog is coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, a night without sleep, a bus breakdown, and (even a friendly) former prisoner, the electric vehicle seems pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive